Learn to Trade Forex
FX Academy presents a new direction in virtual educational tutorials. The forex classes offered at FX Academy provide all that is needed for anyone to learn to trade-- from basic information to advanced trading techniques. The program is geared towards both beginners and more experienced traders who want to learn Forex trading. Each course, offered on a number of levels in a vibrant and stimulating manner, comprises several interconnected lessons, each one accompanied by an animated video, recommendations for further study, trade simulators and more. In this way, students can learn to trade in an entirely individualized way.
In an effort to make our students aware of the essentials as they learn Forex, and with the aim of providing the best optimal coverage of the topic discussed, our team of experts will constantly update registered members with new material posted to existing lessons. In addition, new courses and curricula will be introduced as the program progresses. Learn to trade with FX Academy – the most innovative and successful way to learn Forex trading.
Introduction to Forex Trading
An introduction to the foreign exchange market, the world's largest market, where approximately $2 trillion worth of currency is swapped every day. In this course you will learn why almost all individuals and businesses must participate in this market, and the reasons why people want to speculate in forex, including:
- Availability of very high leverage.
- The absence of any short selling restrictions.
- Very flexible hours and lack of manipulation and slippage.
- Forex is an attractive, alternative, and indicative asset class.
Applying SR and Candlesticks
This course will teach you how to read and interpret Forex candlesticks, by far the most common and informative method of visually representing the changes in currency exchange rates. Candlesticks are a superior alternative to traditional OHLC bar charts, and were developed by Japanese rice traders hundreds of years ago.
You will learn how:
- Forex candlesticks are drawn.
- Bodies and wicks are interpreted to indicate future price movement.
- Candle patterns are used to gauge the strength of a price movement.
- Candle patterns can be interpreted in conjunction with S/R zones to guide trade decisions.
Support and Resistance Basics
In Forex, support and resistance are key concepts, both referring to price zones where it is hard for the price to break through and move beyond.
In this course, in addition to giving you an introduction to Japanese candlesticks as the best method of visually displaying and interpreting forex price movements, we will explain how traders identify support and resistance zones in order to:
- See likely “cheap” and “expensive” prices for a time period.
- Use forex support and resistance to determine stop loss placement.
- Determine where to go “short” or “long”.
- Identify high reward, low risk trade opportunities.
Advanced SR & Trend Lines
As a good understanding of how to identify support and resistance is essential to profitable forex trading, it is important to learn advanced support and resistance concepts. In this course, we will show how to determine the quality, and not just the position, of likely support and resistance, by measuring whether there are several confluent factors acting on the support/resistance, such as the age and durability of the zone. We will also explore several advanced methods of determining which zones are likely to act as support and resistance, using:
- High and low prices of previous days and weeks.
- Start and stop points of previous trends.
- Round numbers, bollinger bands and moving averages.
- Trend lines showing mobile and advanced support and resistance.
Fibonacci Retracement Levels
This course will teach you about an indicator called the Fibonacci Retracement (“Fibs”). The indicator is based on mathematical proportions that occur widely in nature and in human behavior. Simply put, when the price moves in one direction, it tends to pull back – retrace – to certain levels, which are percentages of the original move. You will learn the most reliable levels in Forex Fibonacci Retracement, as well as:
- How to draw Fibs on your chart correctly to identify likely S/R.
- How to use multiple time frames to draw Forex Fibonacci Retracement.
- How to use Fib levels to set trade entry/exit points.
- The Fibonacci formula in Forex trading.
Moving Average Crossovers & Momentum
This course will teach you how to bring together what you have already learned into the coherent methodology of Technical Analysis. Technical analysis is the term for the use of indicators derived from past price movements in forecasting future price movements.You will see how momentum indicators such as moving averages (MAs), together with identification of S/R, can provide a more accurate determination of the likely best trade entry and exit points. We will teach you how:
- DBBs can be used as Momentum indicators in Forex technical analysis.
- To use S/R ranges and channels as momentum indicators.
- MA crossovers by price or by other MAs can identify trend changes.
Trading with Double Bollinger Bands
This course will teach you the basis of a technical rule-based trading strategy using Double Bollinger Bands (DBBs). DBBs are two sets of the Bollinger Band indicator drawn together. They are superior to the typical single Bollinger Band, which are only really useful indicators in flat, ranging markets, while DBBs are also useful in trending markets. You will learn:
- Trading using Bollinger Bands and candlesticks.
- How to construct Double Bollinger Bands (DBBs).
- Rules for interpreting price action within DBBs' three zones.
- How to tell when a trend exists and if it likely to continue.
- How to find good trade entry/exit points, with examples.
Trading with Price Action
This mastering price action course will teach you how to read and interpret Forex price action candlestick patterns, charts, and graphs, by far the most common and informative method of visually representing the changes in currency exchange rates. Candlestick charts are a superior alternative to traditional OHLC bar charts, and were developed by Japanese rice traders hundreds of years ago. You will learn how:
- Forex candlesticks are drawn.
- Bodies and wicks are interpreted to indicate future price movement.
- Candlestick patterns are used to gauge the strength of a price movement.
- Candlestick / price action trading patterns can be interpreted in conjunction with S/R zones to guide trade decisions.
MetaTrader 4 Guides and Tutorials
The Metaquotes Metatrader trading platform, commonly known by its release versions MT4 and MT5, is the most widely used trading platform in the world of retail forex trading. Almost every broker either offers only MT4 as a platform, or offers a choice of MT4 and other platforms. The MT4 stand-alone downloadable software platform usually runs more smoothly than alternative browser-based platforms. For these reasons, it is useful for retail traders to learn how to download the free MT4 platform and gain a working knowledge of how to operate MT4, although it is highly intuitive. You will learn how:
- To download and install the MT4 platform
- To set up charts and other analytical features
- To download and install MT4 indicators and MT4 expert advisors
- To open, close, and modify trades
This course will teach you how to understand what Cryptocurrencies are as an asset class, how they are created and managed, and what store of value and means of exchange they may represent. Reasons why Cryptocurrencies may be attractive to both traders and investors are covered, as well as methodologies both traders and investors can pursue to obtains profit from the changes in value of Cryptocurrencies, primarily the larger ones such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple. You will learn:
- How Cryptocurrencies are created, managed and controlled.
- Why Cryptocurrencies can be an attractive asset class to both traders and investors.
- How to access Cryptocurrencies.
- A suitable strategy for profitably investing in a select Cryptocurrency or Cryptocurrencies.
- A useful strategy for trading the larger Cryptocurrencies.
Successful traders control risk with precision. They consider it the foundation of their trading strategy. But how do they control their risk? What are their rules?
In these lessons, we go through a step-by-step approach to build you a solid risk management plan. This is the foundation to help make your trading strong and profitable.Start this Course ›
Fundamental analysis is an often-neglected tool, which can be used by traders to more accurately forecast the probability that a currency will rise or fall in value over time by analyzing economic data points and monetary policy. It is especially useful for trend traders and trading styles which seek to hold longer-term position in the Forex market. Fundamental analysis can also be used as a filter to increase the profitability of most other trading styles too.
Start this Course ›
At some point in your journey as a trader, you will come across the term “scalping”. What does it mean to scalp the market? How is it different from regular trading?Scalping means taking very small bites out of the market, entering and exiting trades in only seconds or minutes at the most. It is a very precise way to extract profits from the market.Start this Course ›
A breakout, sometimes called a "momentum breakout" or "volatility breakout", is what happens when the price of something pushes past a level it has not exceeded in a while. Breakouts are a key element of trading and have been a “bread and butter” tool of speculators for centuries. Academic research has shown that many of the strongest, most profitable technical trading “edges” set up just after major breakouts happen or fail. Learning to correctly identify breakout trading opportunities is a major step in becoming a profitable Forex trader, and our course on Breakouts will teach you how to find them and how to trade them. Breakouts can also be understood as the failure of support or resistance levels, so understanding breakouts may held you understand the concepts and real-world application of support and resistance also.Start this Course ›